If there is one watch that is more ubiquitous in Hollywood and on celebrity wrists, it is the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. In fact, you could say it is somewhat of a rite of passage in those elite celebrity circles to get this luxury timepiece. Everyone from Justin Bieber and John Mayer to Will Smith and Serena Williams has been sporting this decades-old watch.
This watch may actually be the reason Audemars Piguet watches are still around. The story goes that the company was almost about to go under. That is what led to some executive decisions being made to design a watch that would be unlike any other that AP had made up until that point. The watch’s design was inspired by a scuba helmet. While that may sound bizarre, you can kind of see that in the AP Royal Oak. Namely, in the angular octagonal shape, along with the exposed screwdowns. Sure enough, the watch was a big hit.
Today, it is very likely that more celebrities, musicians, athletes, and other well-known people are wearing the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak than any other option out there. Whether it is made from gold or steel, covered in diamonds, or made custom by expert designers, it has become a very versatile luxury timepiece.
Celebrities Who Wear Audemars Piguet Watches
There are many celebrities who have been seen wearing the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak timepiece. Here are some of the more notable and recent sightings of celebrities wearing one:
- John Mayer – The AP that John Mayer adorns is a vintage perpetual, which became highly sought-after once he was seen wearing it.
- Steph Curry – The type of Royal Oak watch that Steph Curry wears is a classic-looking gold version.
- Travis Scott – Travis Scott has been seen wearing an AP Royal Oak that features a frosted gold finish.
- Drake – The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch Drake wears has been designed by Alyx and Givenchy’s designer Matthew Williams
- Justin Bieber – Buying one as a birthday present to himself, Justin Bieber has a classic-style gold version of the AP Royal Oak.
- Will Smith – This famous actor wears a no-frills classic version of the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak.
- Serena Williams – Serena wears her custom-made Royal Oak while on the court, and wears it well.
- Anthony Davis – This athlete wears an all-black version of the iconic Royal Oak.
- Damian Lewis – This Billions actor wears a unique version of the AP Royal Oak on the set, as well as in real life.
- John Legend – This musician has been seen with two types of AP watches; one in rose gold and another gold one with dark-colored dials.
- Quavo – This is another celebrity who likes their AP to be diamond-covered.
- Luka Doncic – As one of the youngest players in the NBA, Luka has been seen wearing a gold version of the AP Royal Oak.
- Christian Combs – This watch has completely covered in diamonds, making for quite the bedazzling sight
If you want to follow in the footsteps of giants within music, film, sports, and other entertainment industries, then you will want to get yourself an AP Royal Oak. It may be challenging to find one at the retail price given its exceptional popularity. However, there are plenty of options available to you on the secondary market. The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak price can range anywhere from under $20,000 to over $200,000. At Wrist Aficionado, the Audemars Piguet price point can be anywhere within this range, allowing you to select one according to your budget. Browse our collection of AP Royal Oak watches today!