The Rolex Datejust 41 is not only one of Rolex’s most popular collections but an iconic timepiece that's unmatched by any other brand of watch in the world. The luxury collection was introduced back in 1945 as a commemoration of Rolex’s 40th anniversary. During the 1940s, a timepiece only had an hour, a minute, and a second hand. Rolex was able to change the game by introducing a date window to their watches.
The Datejust is one of the most successful watches ever made by any watch brand across the globe. In 1945, the Datejust was using the Calibre 710, which was changed later to Calibre 730 with 17 jewels. The design of the timepiece was slightly changed in 1957 with Calibre 1065-movement taking over. The movement changed one more time in 1965 with the introduction of the famous Calibre 1570. In 1974, the Datejust introduced the sapphire crystal. The popularity and value of the Datejust range were skyrocketing during this period.
In the second half of the 2000s, Rolex introduced the flat and polished bezel as an alternative to the fluted bezel. The dimension of the watch was changed from 36 to 41 millimeters with the introduction of the Datejust II range. Rolex introduced three new additions to the Datejust range in 2014 including colored dials. In 2016, Rolex replaced the Datejust II with the Datejust 41. The versatility and timeless spirit of the Rolex Datejust range were proved once again with this change.
Features of the Rolex Datejust 41
- The Rolex Datejust 41 comes in a 41 mm Oyster case.
- This high-quality timepiece is waterproof to a depth of 100 meters or 330 feet with its patented Twinlock Double Waterproofness System.
- The middle case of the watch is hewn from a solid piece of 904L steel.
- You can easily screw down the winding crown against the case of the timepiece which helps guarantee a secure seal.
- The Datejust 41 has a Jubilee or a stainless steel Oyster bracelet.
- The brand's patented "Easylink Rapid Extension System" lets you increase the length of the bracelet by up to 5 mm.
- The Datejust 41 is treated with the brand's patented "Chromalight Display" technology to guarantee long-lasting luminescence - even in low-light conditions.
Presidents And Celebs Spotted Wearing The Datejust 41
Former American presidents have been spotted with the Rolex Datejust 41 while the two most prominent were Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan. Winston Churchill - one of the most powerful men of the Second World War era - was spotted with a Rolex Datejust 41 timepiece. The Swiss tennis champion Roger Federer was spotted with a Rolex Datejust 41mm Ref. 126303 for the Wimbledon 2017 final - when he defeated Marin Cilic.
The Rolex Datejust 41 is a great timepiece to wear with a suit and tie and let your competitors know that you mean business.